Thursday, May 16, 2013

How can I Gain Mass?



Right now I am doing 3 sets at 10 reps for each machine I use. Once I can do 3 sets of 10 I up the weight by 5lbs. I would like to know if this is the most efficient way to gain Muscle Mass.

For someone just starting out, this is just fine. Your 10 reps per set is in the "sweet spot" of strength and mass improvement. You also have employed the concept of progressive resistance; you're always looking to improve with more reps or more weight.

Five pound increments are small enough and simple enough to serve you well at this stage.

You also have a decent mix of upper body exercises

I'd recommend using this routine no more than 2 or 3 times per week, for the first 6 months, to allow for muscle recovery. And.........


I would strongly recommend you immediately begin to do an almost equal number of sets for your legs. Working the legs from the beginning will pay off big-time in the long-term, with an overall improved physique, more overall mass to help keep you lean, better performance in almost all sports, and greater production of your own growth hormones.

You can reduce your current upper body sets and include legs in the same workout. Or add 2 separate leg workouts per week.

Eat a healthy diet, and you'll see results very quickly.

At some point in the very near future, you'll also benefit from using barbells and dumbbells, not just machines, to your workout.

The keys are working hard and working consistently. Don't overly complicate things in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment